sprouts with chestnuts and pancetta
Basic Ingredients for sprouts with chestnuts and pancetta
- Brussels sprouts, 4 per individual or more if you’re a fan
- 5 slices pancetta, cut into squares
- 8 peeled and halved chestnuts
- 20g butter, a pinch of salt
- To make the tarragon crunch Ingredients: 25g butter, finely chopped
- 40g breadcrumbs,
- 2 tbsp of tarragon, chopped,
- 40g grated cheddar
How to make sprouts with chestnuts and pancetta
- Peel and cut all the Brussels sprouts into halves. Remove the damaged outer leaves. Boil the sprouts in boiling water for 2 minutes, making sure they don’t get too brown. Now Heat the butter and pancetta in a large nonstick pan. Once they are fully cooked, add the chestnuts.
- To make the tarragon crunch:first of all, Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the shallot, and stir. Stir in the breadcrumbs. Cook until golden brown. Let cool. Stir in the cheddar.
- To assemble: Heat the oven to 175C. Transfer the sprouts into an ovenproof dish. Top it with the crumble mixture. Now Place under a hot grill to cook until golden.