recipe for sachertorte
This is a soft, elegant chocolate cake filled with apricot jam, and decorated with a chocolate glaze. This cake is best enjoyed with unsweetened whipped cream and a cup of good coffee.
Basic ingredients for recipe for sachertorte
- Chocolate Cake: Batter 7 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup (150g), butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (120g), powdered sugar
- 5oz (150g), bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (5g), vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cups (160g), all-purpose flour
- Apricot Jathe m
- One pound of fresh apricots, seeds removed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- One tbsp lemon juice
- One tbsp water
- Chocolate Glaze
- Seven oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup water
How to make recipe for sachertorte
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter a 9-inch (23 cm) round pan for baking. Make that. Mix the butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the egg yolks one by one and then add vanilla extract.
- Now In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and then add it to the yolks.
- Mix egg whites and salt until they become foamy. After this, Gradually add sugar to the egg whites and whip them until they form soft peaks.
- Gently fold in the whites. Now Gradually add the sifted flour to the mixture. Bake the batter in the prepared pan for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- To get a flat simmer inginvert the cake and let cool completely.
- While the apricot jam is being g made, prepare it. Place the apricots into smaller pieces, and then add sugar, water, and lemon juice to a saucepan. Stir constantly and bring to boil.
- Allow simmering for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently. Once the jam thickens, remove it from heat. Blend until you get a smooth jam. Now Keep it aside until you are ready to use.
- Assemble the cake. Divide the cake into two layers. Spread half the hot jam on the top layer. Layer the second layer of cake on top. Spread the remaining hot jam over the sides and top of the cake. It can dry for up 30 minutes.
- After this, Place the cake on a wire, rack and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Make the chocolate glaze. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to book l for 5 minutes, or until the thermometer registers 234 f. After this, Stir several times, remove from heat, and stir in chopped chocolate. Mix until smooth and shiny. If the mixture becomes too thick, return it to low heat. Add a few drops of water to thin it to a pourable consistency.
- The hot glaze should be poured over the cake starting at the edges and ending in the center. The glaze can be used to decorate the cake or you can refrigerate it for later.
- After a few minutes, transfer the cake onto a platter. Allow the glaze to dry at room temperature for at least an hour. Refrigerating can cause damage to the glaze. 13. You can use the chocolate glaze leftover to write Sacher on top. 14. Serve with unsweetened whipped topping.