jam swiss roll recipe
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 125g plain flour
How to make jam swiss roll recipe
- First of all, Mix 125g caster sugar and 3 eggs in a large bowl over a saucepan of boiling water until the mixture thickens enough to leave a trail when it is lifted from the bowl.
- Now Continue whisking for approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes thickened and glossy.
- Sift half flour over the mixture.
- Use a large spoon to gently chop and fold the flour into the whisked mixture. This method does not use butter or baking powder. Instead, eggs and sifted wheat flour are used to give rise to a light texture.
- Mix the remaining flour into the mixture. Add it to the bowl and fold in gently until just combined. Be aware of any floury lumps in the mixture. You can gently rub any floury lumps with the back of a spoon, and then fold them in.
- Put the mixture in a greased, lined 33x23cm (13x9in), Swiss roll tin. Spread the mixture using a spoon. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 200°C (180°C fan oven), mark 6.