french onion soup recipe
French cuisine has brought a new life to the classic soup. It is important to chop the onions very fine. The broth thickens when cheese is added, while mustard adds a strong, pungent flavor. French onion soup can be served by placing ladles of soup on top of a cheese crouton in a bowl. This soup is delicious and well worth the effort. Enjoy!
Basic Ingredients for french onion soup recipe
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup grated processed cheese
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Peppercorns (kalimirch), powder
- For The Cheese Croutons 2 Bread Slices, each cut into four pieces
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp Grated Processed Cheese
How to make french onion soup recipe
- First of all, In a large skillet or wok heat the butter. After this, Add the onions to the skillet and cook on a low flame for 3-4 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Mix 4 cups water, cheese, salt and boil it on high heat for 4 to 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the mustard powder and pepper powder and cook over medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- For the cheese, croutons Toast the bread slices in an oven-safe toaster. Each bread slice should be cut into four equal-sized squares.
- Sprinkle a little butter on each piece of bread and then sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Here’s how to proceed: Place 2 cheese croutons into the middle of each bowl just before serving. Serve immediately with equal amounts of soup in each bowl.