courgette and lime cake recipe
Basic Ingredients for courgette and lime cake recipe
- thin courgettes 300g
- Crudely grated ripe avocado
- 75g (weight before peeling and stoning)
- Sunflower oil 75ml
- A little more for greasing limes 2
- Large eggs 3
- Beat with a fork vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp self-raising flour
- 350g baking powder
- 1 tsp Drizzle icing sugar
- 140g like
- 1 vested and juiced
How to make courgette and lime cake recipe
- The oven should be heated to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a loaf pan of 900g with foil. A long strip of baking parchment should be positioned above the narrow edges of the pan. Place the grated courgette in a tea towel.
- Blend the avocado and oil in a food processor. Place the chopped courgette in a large bowl along with the avocado oil and lime zest. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well and then add the flour, baking powder, and lime zest. Bake for one hour in the oven.
- Now You can test the cake by inserting a skewer in the middle and checking that it is clean. If there is still any wet mixture, bake the cake for 15 more minutes. Let the cake cool in the tin for 20 minutes, and then transfer it to a wire rack. Sprinkle the juice of 1 lime over the top, and poke more holes into the top. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, remove the paper. Mix the icing sugar and lime juice in a bowl. You should have one leftover lime from the cake and one more. Sprinkle the remaining zest over the cake. Now Allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving.