Basic ingredients for chocolate gateau
- 70% bittersweet chocolate 125g
- unsalted butter 125g, cut into small cubes
- granulated sugar 100g
- all-purpose flour 35g
- eggs 2, medium temperature,
- a pinch salt
- more butter or flour to grease the cake pan
How to make chocolate gateau
- Butter the baking pan and flour it. Next, invert the pan to remove any flour.
- Mix two eggs in a bowl.
- Take a knife to carefully cut or shave the chocolate into small pieces.
- Now Place the butter and chocolate in a large bowl. Cover the saucepan with 1/3 of the boiling water.
- Heat the hot water bath to melt the butter and chocolate. Once the chocolate and butter are melted, take them off the heat.
- Mix in the sugar until it is well combined.
- Mix eggs in 2 batches. Then add the egg yolks to the mixture.
- After this, Mix the flour, salt, and water in a bowl until the dough is smooth.
- Place the butter in a pan and smoothen the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes at 180C. When the cake has been baked, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack. Let it cool.
- After this, Lightly dust this cake with powdered sugar. You can also add fruits or whipped cream to the top.