chicken normande recipe
You can use chicken cutlets, pork, or veal in my Chicken Normandy recipe. This is a versatile recipe that can be used in many different ways.
Basic Ingredients for chicken normande recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, cut horizontally
- 1/4 cup flour for dredging chicken
- Two Tablespoons olive oil
- One large shallot finely chopped
- Half teaspoon Kosher salt or to Taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or To Taste
- One large Granny Smith apple, peeled and seeded
- One Garlic clove finely minced
- One teaspoon of fresh Thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cups apple cider
How to make chicken normande recipe
- Place chicken cutlets in flour, and then set aside. After this, Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add chicken.
- Now Cook the chicken on one side until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side. Transfer chicken to a sheet pan. Add shallots, salt, and pepper to a frying pan.
- Cook until shallots begin to soften. Cook the apple slices until softened. Cook for 30 seconds. Add garlic and thyme. Add brandy slowly and let it cook.
- Next, add apple cider or apple juice and cream. Heat to boiling. Once the sauce is at room temperature, add butter and stir constantly until it is absorbed. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes in a pan. Reduce heat to low.