carrot and parsnip soup
Ginger, Parsnip, and Carrot Soup (Oil-Free, Veget-Based, Simple!)
Basic Ingredients for carrot and parsnip soup
- Two cups chopped carrots
- One cup chopped parsnips
- One small red onion chopped
- half cup red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- one cup nondairy dairy milk
- one tsp Ginger
- one tsp Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
How to make carrot and parsnip soup
- Add 1-2 tablespoons vegetable broth to the Instant Pot. After the Instant Pot has gotten hot, add chopped red onions.
- Sautee the chopped red onion until translucent. Turn off the Instant Pot. Add the carrots, parsnips, and red lentils. Season with seasonings. Non-dairy milk should not be added to the Instant Pot.
- Once Instant Pot is done cooking, let the pressure naturally release before removing the lid. Blend the soup with an immersion blender. You can also use half of the soup in a high-speed blender to make it creamier.
- Blend the soup and add the non-dairy milk. Mix everything and serve. Serve your soup with whole grains like farro, quinoa, and brown rice. Blend 1/2 cup cashews with the non-dairy milk to make it creamier. You can add white miso, extra ginger, or cumin/curry spice!