black cherry trifle
This trifle was inspired by the popular Black Forest Cake. Layers of dark chocolate cake are topped with cherries and soaked in cherry syrup. They are then layered with cherry jelly and topped with rich cream and mascarpone. These layers are then repeated two more times and finished with chocolate curls, fresh cherries, and swirls of cream.
Basic Ingredients for black cherry trifle
- 2X3 oz. 85 gms Cherry Jello
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup sliced, pitted fresh Cherries 15oz. 232 gm. pkg Chocolate cake mix
- 2×398 ml canned cherries Splash Of Kirschk Cherry Brandy
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 tbsps Sugar
- 1 Cup Marscapone Cheese
- Whole cherries for decorations
- Chocolate curls, or grated chocolate
How to make black cherry trifle
- Make the jello by boiling the jello in 2 cups of water. Let it cool. Then, add the cherry halves. Chill. Slice the cake according to package instructions.
- Beat the cream and sugar, then fold in the cream.
- Heat the syrup and stir in some Kirsch. Allow cooling. Layer 1/2 of the cake cubes, the syrup, the canned cherries, jello, and the syrup. Top with half of the cream.